Rules and Guidelines (PDF) | Registration Form (PDF)
Fort Bend County MUD#131
Park Grand Opening – August 14, 2021
Basketball 3-Point Shootout
Competition Rules and Guidelines
(This is NOT a 3-on-3, 4-on-4, or 5-on-5 tournament. It is a shooting competition.)
Registration and Payment
- The fee is $7 for each participant which covers the cost of the t-shirt.
- Participation is based on the order of a completed registration and payment.
- Payments are to be made only by cashapp to $coachmikeFBF (FBC MUD#131 board member) by 8/2/21.
- Registration forms must be signed and emailed by 8/2/21 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no discount for multiple participants.
- Walk-up payments or walk-up registrations will not be accepted.
Age brackets and event times
- Age brackets: (7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18). The age is determined by the participant’s age on 8/14/21.
- Friday, 8/13/14: ages 7-9 (6-8pm)
- Saturday, 8/14/21 ages 10-12 (8am-10am), ages 13-15 (noon-2pm), ages 16-18 (2pm-4pm)
- Each age bracket is limited to 16 participants (8 boys and 8 girls). If there are openings in a bracket after the due date, the bracket may be expanded (based on the date of payment and registration).
- Players will be assigned shooting times no later than 8/7/21.
- Participants can have up to 2 family members or friends to assist them with rebounding (not required).
- Each participant will compete by shooting 2 rounds of 3-point shots (20 shots per round).
- Younger age groups (under 13) will shoot at a slightly closer distance with marked locations.
- Each basket made counts as 1 point with a ‘money ball’ that counts as 2 points.
- Each round will be timed.
- Only one shooter is allowed at a time at each rim.
- Participants will be permitted 5 practice shots. The officials will clear the court at this time.
- Participants must wait for their turn to enter the court. Those who do not follow the rules may be disqualified/removed.
- Participants should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time and sign-in at the sign-in table.
- Parents, guardians, friends, etc. will not be permitted to enter the court unless they are designated to help at that time.
- No one is allowed to interfere, sit at, or enter the scorer’s table area.
- There will be volunteers present to count shots and officiate.
- There will be one round of rest before the player shoots a second round to avoid tiredness or heat exhaustion.
- Participants must bring their own water, drinks, snacks, mosquito spray, etc.
- In the event of inclement weather, participation may be delayed or canceled. No refunds will be allowed. T-shirts will be provided as they are part of the registration fee.
Awards and Participation Shirts
- Each participant will receive a participation t-shirt the day of their scheduled event.
- Those who do not receive a t-shirt because of an unforeseen situation, inclement weather or absence will be notified by email when/where to pick up their shirt.
- Awards will be issued for the top scorer in each age group.
- Participants who do not arrive at their scheduled time or are late will not be assigned a replacement time.
- Volunteers will make every attempt to comply with the schedule. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the schedule may get behind. We ask that each participant and supporter to remain patient.