Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why do I pay a water bill and MUD (Municipal Utilities District) taxes?
A: The water bill pays for general operating expenses and your monthly water usage. MUD taxes pay the capital cost of building water plants, sewer plants, and major drainage facilities.

Q: What do I do if I receive a letter from the delinquent tax attorney?
A: Contact the delinquent tax attorney’s office to make plans to pay your delinquent taxes.

Fort Bend County Municipal Utility District No. 131 / Attorney
c/o Norton, Rose, Fulbright US LLP
1550 Lamar Street, Suite 2000, Houston, Texas 77010-4106
(713) 651-5608

Q: Why did I receive a MUD tax bill and a SPLID (Sienna Plantation Levee Improvement District) tax bill from Tax Tech Inc ?
A: MUD (Municipal Utility District) #131 is also within the boundaries of a LID (Levee Improvement District). You must pay taxes on your properties to both districts. Since MUD and LID are two completely separate legal entities, a separate payment must be made for each. Note: You can either pay by check, or money order to each district, or you can arrange to have these payments made from your escrow account with your mortgage company.

Q: How can I change the name or address on my tax statement?
A: If you no longer live or own the property you are receiving bills for, or you are the new owner of the property, you may contact the central appraisal district’s office to correct any information on your statement. All names, addresses, and exemptions are maintained by the Fort Bend County Central Appraisal District (FBCAD).

To contact FBCAD, call (281) 344-8623, Monday – Friday 8AM –4:30PM.

Q: Am I responsible for paying taxes if I do not receive a tax statement?
A: Taxpayers are responsible for all taxes, penalties and interest even if you do not receive a tax statement. It is the responsibility of the HOMEOWNER (whose name is on the title and FBCAD website) to pay taxes – not necessarily who resides in the home.

For additional information or to obtain information on the status of your MUD and SPLID taxes, contact Tax Tech at:

  • Website: Tax Tech, Inc.
  • Address: 12841 Capricorn Street, Stafford, TX 77477
  • Phone: (281) 499-1223