HURRICANE SEASON Has Begun. The season runs from June 1 – November 30.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Get prepared. Our hurricane season began on June 1st.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- To sign up for weather alerts in Fort Bend County, you can go to the Fort Bend County Emergency Alert Program.